- Regular carpet cleaning using the Hot Water Extraction Method can increase the useful life of carpets significantly. By cleaning more often and removing spots and stains, you are protecting your investment.
- Carpets trap air borne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed to protect the carpets and maintain the better indoor air quality. This has been proven to help those with allergies.
- Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming which makes the carpets much easier to maintain.
- As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soil. Removing them promptly protects against damage.
- Moist soiling of carpets can result in the build-up of several unhealthy contaminants. This build-up can make health concerns worse and the resulting allergens and bacteria are potentially hazardous to your friends and family.
- Clean, well maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of your home or facility. “Clean carpets simply make people feel good about themselves and where they live and work” -Doug Berjer
- Guests and workers feel better about the work environment when it is clean, improving morale & attitude. “Carpets add so much personality to a room and keeping your carpets clean adds value to your home.”
- Frequent cleanings make the carpeted areas look and feel clean and fresh.
- Frequent cleaning removes dust mites, bed bugs, and fleas which are frequently found in the carpet fibers.
- Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the Hot Water Extraction Method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months, by a Certified Cleaning Company.
Four Steps for Proper Carpet Care
Carpet Cleaning Birmingham MI is just like exercise! If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. A great carpet cleaner that can respond to your needs, answer your questions honestly, and has fair pricing is as valuable as your hair dresser or barber.
Here are our suggestions:
- Vacuum the high traffic areas weekly – even more often when you cohabitate with pets.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that are safe and do not cause damage.
- Professionally deep clean every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats outside and in. Take your shoes off at as you enter the home and change air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
A Two Step Solution
With today’s stain-resistant carpet, treating spots and stains has never been easier. Still, no carpet is completely stain proof. The key is to act quickly! So, to knock out spots, give them the One-Two Punch.
Step One: Absorb the Spill
- Blot liquids with a dry, white absorbent cloth or a plain white paper towel. (No Prints or Colors) Using a printed or colored material may transfer ink or dye to your damp carpet or furniture. Continue until the area is barely damp. Semisolids, like food spills may need to be scooped up with a spoon or spatula. Solid debris can be vacuumed up
- Warning: DO NOT SCRUB or use a brush. Bristles and scrubbing can damage fibers with fraying and texture change being the end results.
Step Two: Treat the Spot or Stain
- Use a Carpet & Rug Certified Seal of Approval Spot Cleaning Product. Test in an inconspicuous area and follow the product directions carefully. MORE is not BETTER. Apply small amounts of cleaner using a white towel and continue to blot not scrub. After the spot is gone, blot the area with clear water one or twice to remove any remaining product. Feather dry with a fan set on a cool setting.
*These tips are brought to you by the Carpet & Rug Institute
Trust Centurion Services for the Best Carpet Cleaning Birmingham MI
Birmingham, MI Residents can trust Centurion Services Inc. with their carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, leather restoration, and upholstery cleaning needs. We also offer our residential and commercial cleaning services to residents of Grosse Pointe, Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Clarkston, and to homes and business throughout Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne County. Just give us a call at 1-800-722-8855 or reach out to us through the contact form on our website.